You are invited to consider an outstanding opportunity to partner in the creation of the UK’s first ‘China business hotel and resort’. The project comprises a luxury 5 star hotel and spa, Championship golf course, potential for a casino, and 160 unit residential estate complex amid Scotland’s stunning scenery.
Steeped in romance and heritage, Scotland is a gateway to British culture, with its rich history, authentic experiences and prestigious brands attracting visitors from all across the globe.
Situated less than half an hour from St Andrews, the home of golf, the project already enjoys detailed planning consent with the full support of the relevant Scottish Government Authorities. Highly reputable local contractors have been engaged to provide complete operational support from inception to completion, and the development benefits further from the engagement of an established project management team, drawn from Scotland’s business elite.
The Angus golf course has been designed by world famous golfer, Ryder Cup Captain 2016 and Open Champion Darren Clarke (OBE), and boasts an enviable position amongst internationally renowned courses such as Carnoustie (2018 Open venue), St Andrews (2015 Open venue) and Gleneagles (2014 Ryder Cup venue).
The vision of this exciting project is to create an unparalleled experience for business and sporting delegations as well as luxury travellers from across the globe, with a particular focus on the growing number of Chinese visitors travelling to the UK every year.
8 features this exceptional proposition offers you:
- The UK’s first ‘China business hotel and resort’ – The opportunity to create a unique hotel where ‘East meets West’, from design through to operation. The Angus resort provides a forum which is perfectly tailored for UK companies to engage with Chinese businesses and leaders – with the highest standard of conference facilities, leisure activities, and food which is enjoyed by all.
- A globally recognised brand – Engagement has been secured from Wyndhams, the world’s largest and most diverse hotel company, already operating in over 69 countries including China. The Angus, with no existing 5 star competitor in the region, will be Wyndhams’ premier UK hotel, bringing a Chinese visitor experience of exceptional quality to the UK.
- Scale and grandeur – Planning permission has been secured for a 180 room five star luxury hotel and spa, with scope for a casino, as well as the Championship golf course and luxury residential plots.
- World class sporting excellence – Open Champion Darren Clarke’s integral involvement as the designer of The Angus’ signature 18 hole Championship golf course. The Open Championship being staged at Carnoustie (less than a 15 minute drive away) in 2018, and held at nearby St Andrews every 5 years, makes this region of Scotland a steady focus of global sporting attention.
- High level investment return – As well as the hotel, spa, casino potential and golf course, the development boasts 85 plots for luxury detached homes, with an additional 75 plots for mainstream properties, all of which can be secured for individuals from China should they wish to establish their ‘home from home’.
- Straightforward, reliable implementation – Project management from inception to completion, with operational support from an established team of Scotland’s business elite. Whatever the requirement, our team can source and deliver it through our extensive network of trusted contacts.
- Government support – Enthusiastic engagement and support for the project from the Local Authority and Government, together with the full endorsement of Scottish Development International, Scottish Enterprise and Visit Scotland.
- Partners in waiting – Willing, highly reputable local contractors ready to work in partnership with Chinese counterparts to deliver an outstanding outcome.
8 reasons to consider this unique Scottish investment opportunity:
- A warm welcome – The UK has established a ‘Great Britain Welcome programme’ for Chinese visitors and investors, in response to the growing interest in Britain’s rich heritage, breathtaking landscapes and sporting excellence, not to mention its status as the ‘shopping capital of Europe’. Scotland, a relaxing destination of outstanding natural beauty, is often considered the most romantic and spiritual of Britain’s nations and boasts the third most desired destination in Britain to visit; Edinburgh Castle.
- The Home of Golf – Scotland is the world’s home of golf with an array of destination ‘must play’ courses, which act as a unique draw to business delegations and luxury travellers throughout the world.
- A nation of friendship – Scotland is also the undisputed leader in the world of whisky, and a symbol of its warm and open culture is the Quaich, a cup of trust and friendship dating back to ancient times which is still used today.
- A Celtic spirit – Clean air and beautiful scenery, ancient forests, national parks, quaint villages, stunning coast line, authentic castles and stately homes enchant hundreds of thousands of travellers from across the globe every year.
- High demand – Britain enjoys very positive perceptions in China, being rated 4th out of 50 by Chinese respondents to the 2013 Anholt-GfK Nation Brands Index. Visitors from China to the UK have doubled in the last five years, and are expected to treble again by 2020 (Visit Britain).
- A straightforward experience – 96% of Chinese applications for a UK visa are successful; with specialist immigration legal support on call, average processing time is just seven days (Visit Britain).
- A place to do business – Scotland has a thriving business community, and indeed 25% of all Chinese visits are made for business purposes. Chinese business people often seek to extend their trips in order to take advantage of the opportunity for sightseeing, making Scotland the perfect location for combining business and pleasure.
- A place to invest – With a rapidly growing number of British retailers accepting Union Pay and employing Chinese speaking staff, families and luxury travellers enjoy exploring, experiencing adventures and shopping with ease in Britain. Business delegations are attracted to a unique Western experience, and investors are supported by national organisations providing translation, delegation visit support and specialist information.
contact PGR to discuss in confidence
visit The Angus opportunity for more information